Home Blog Beverly Brewer Karpinski Change Your Eating Habits Through Mindful Eating

Fit To The Core Blog

Welcome to Fit to the Core’s “Everything you ever wanted to know about fitness” blog. Everyday people are bombarded with conflicting health and fitness messages by the media. It can be overwhelming. I hope to clear up some of those conflicting messages by sharing what I have learned over the years and what I am still learning. The fitness industry is a young industry that is constantly changing and evolving. Let me clear up some of the confusion.

Beverly Brewer Karpinski

Change Your Eating Habits Through Mindful Eating

If you haven’t figured it out yet, diets don’t work. If you have spent your entire adult life trying every diet under the sun, only to regain what you lost, and then some, it’s time to stop it already! Haven’t you ever heard the expression that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?  It’s not going to happen.

It’s time to make peace with food.  There is an easier and better way that does not require counting calories, removing entire food groups, eliminating foods you love or weighing and measuring every thing you eat.  Simply become an intuitive eater.

An intuitive eater is mindful of why they are eating.  They eat when they begin to feel hunger (not when they are starving), they take their time to eat and enjoy their meals (not standing at the sink or eating in front of the television), they eat foods that nourish their body, and they stop eating when they feel satisfied—not stuffed!  Although an intuitive eater chooses healthy foods most of the time, they understand that there are no forbidden foods.  It’s okay to have your favorite comfort foods once in awhile.  When we stop depriving ourselves of our favorite foods, we stop craving them.

In addition, a mindful eater pays attention to why they are eating—are they truly hungry or are they just bored or depressed?  When you eat, ask yourself why you are eating.  Make a mental note of it.  Better yet, keep a food journal so you can record your feelings and better understand why you overeat.  By increasing your awareness of the feelings behind your eating, you can create solutions to overcome emotional eating.

My philosophy is to educate yourself on healthy food choices, eat a healthy diet 90 percent of the time and the other 10 percent of the time eat whatever you want.  Eat mindfully, exercise daily, and you will reach your ideal weight without deprivation.  To learn more about intuitive eating read my article Experts Say Diets Don't Work.

About the author

Beverly Brewer Karpinski
Beverly Brewer Karpinski
• Owner and director of "Fit to the Core" In-Home Personal Training
• Health and Fitness Inc. Certified Personal Trainer, 2001
• A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer, 2004
• Certified Master Fitness by Phone Coach, 2005
• Strength & Conditioning Personal Trainer Certificate, Paradise Valley Community College, Phoenix, AZ, 2008
• Wellness Editor, Puma Press, 2007-2008
• Currently in pursuit of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise & Wellness.
• Fitness Manager & Director, Curves for Women, 2004-2006
• In-Home personal training, 2002-Present
• Personal Trainer, Naturally Women, 2004-2006
• Personal Trainer, Total Woman, 2001-2004
• Core Stability Specialty Training, Health and Fitness, Inc., 2001
• Advanced Biomechanics Training, Health and Fitness, Inc., 2001


Comments

PLEASE LOGIN TO SUBMIT COMMENT

Click Here To Visit Our Online Store

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL SUPPLEMENTS!




Backed by Bev's Satisfaction Guarantee

Let's Get Social!
Follow Fit To The Core to receive valuable FREE tips to better your total body wellness!


Professional Website Design by Xpleo Media